What You Need To Know About Mold - And What To Do If You Find It In Your Home
Stachybotrys Chartarum is the type of mold often called black mold, which produces allergens and irritants. However, many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants. You should treat mold cautiously by staying out of affected areas and not touching or disturbing the mold.
What Do I Need To Know About Mold And Mold Infestations?
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making removing all mold from a home or business impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air. They may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect a mold problem in your home, contact our mold remediation specialists at SERVPRO of North Nashville immediately!
Are There Steps I Should Take While I Wait For The Mold Experts To Arrive?
There are some things you can do while you wait for SERVPRO to arrive and begin your mold remediation process:
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Nashville at (615) 242 9391 for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact SERVPRO of North Nashville, you’ll find that we are dedicated to starting your remediation, which lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
In addition to mold remediation, we handle water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, and damage restoration from many other disasters. If you need commercial mold remediation, we’re the experts who can get you back in business right away!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.