How Do I Prevent Water Damage In My North Nashville Home?
Winter weather in Middle Tennessee involves rain, snow, and ice, and flooding is not uncommon. From weakening a structure - such as columns, walls, fencing, and steps - to allowing the perfect environment for a mold infestation to appear, a flooding event of any size can lead to severe consequences.
One of the best ways to protect your North Nashville home from water damage is to be prepared in advance. We’ve got some helpful tips for you today on ways to prevent water damage.
What Are Some Prevention Tips That Will Keep My North Nashville Home Safe From Water Damage?
Some best practices for water damage prevention to your home are:
- Maintaining the condition of your home is smart. Check for areas that come in contact with rain and wind, such as roofing, and be sure to complete necessary repairs right away. Windows and doors must be kept in good condition and sealed well before wet weather.
- If you live near a river or creek or have drainage ditches on your property, you will want to take the necessary precautions to ensure that rising waters won’t get near your property, such as constructing berms or using sandbags. If your drainage ditches are clogged, they may need to be handled by city or county authorities, so find your contact people and reach out to them for assistance.
- While checking your roof, you should also pay close attention to the gutters. Pull leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts to avoid clogs that prevent rainwater from flowing. Reattach gutters that have pulled away from the house; if leaks exist, dry the area and use caulking or epoxy to seal them.
How Can SERVPRO Help With Water Damage To My North Nashville Home?
If you experience water damage to your home, call SERVPRO at (615) 876 9551! We are experts in managing all types of disasters and damage.
- We offer fast emergency service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our team is highly-trained and certified in damage management and restoration.
- We use the most advanced technology, allowing our SERVPRO of North Nashville professionals to restore your property to its preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
SERVPRO of North Nashville can be onsite at your North Nashville home immediately to help with any emergency you have experienced. In addition to water damage, we handle fire damage, mold infestations, odor removal and deodorization, and much more. Call us at (615) 876 9551 or contact us via our website for more information.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.