Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Fire Damage To Your North Nashville Home?
As a North Nashville homeowner, you have homeowners insurance coverage for your home. When a disaster like a house fire happens, it can be concerning; will your insurance cover such an event?
Read your policy thoroughly to ensure you understand what is covered and what you must do in case of damage. You can learn more about homeowners insurance in Nashville here.
What Does A Standard Homeowners Insurance Cover?
A standard homeowners insurance policy can be expected to cover your home and belongings. Most homeowner insurance policies include coverages that can help pay to repair or replace your home and all contents. Coverage will include:
- Your main structure and attached structures, such as garages
- Any additional costs (such as hotels, food, etc.) incurred if your home is uninhabitable.
- Your detached structures - also known as “other structures coverage” - such as detached garages, fences, and sheds
- Your personal property, such as appliances, furniture, and clothing
- NOTE: landscaping is often included, with reimbursement for a portion or all of the value of the loss
Should I Purchase Additional Coverage Homeowners Insurance For My North Nashville Home?
Your coverage limit is the maximum your policy will reimburse you after a covered loss. You can set your coverage limits based on factors such as your home’s value and the value of your belongings.
If you think you may need more coverage to replace some of your more expensive or precious belongings, you may want to consider purchasing additional coverage to help protect such items as:
- Antiques - furniture, dishes, pictures, books
- Collectibles - comic books, music albums, musical instruments, stamps, figurines
- Technology - computers, gaming consoles, televisions, tablets, phones
- Art - paintings, statues, sculptures, ceramics
In addition to fire damage, we handle water damage, mold remediation, and deep cleaning related to a house fire, including ceilings, floors, and walls, drapes and blinds, carpets and upholstery, and other belongings. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced.
SERVPRO of North Nashville helps North Nashville residents with the insurance process and claims paperwork needed for home repair reimbursements. Call us at (615) 876 9551 to get started!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.