Will Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Fire Damage In Nashville?
According to the National Fire Protection Association, there are over 350,000 residential fires every year in America. Your Nashville home is one of your most important assets. Therefore, ensure that you have the proper homeowners insurance with enough coverage for a fire in your home. You need to be aware of some critical aspects of homeowners insurance to ensure that your residence is covered in case of a fire.
What Does A Standard Homeowners Insurance Cover?
A standard homeowners insurance policy traditionally covers your home and belongings. Most policies include coverages that can help pay to repair or replace your home and all contents.
Standard homeowners insurance coverage will include:
- The main structure and attached structures, such as garages
- Additional costs incurred (such as hotels, food, etc.) if your home is uninhabitable, requiring you to make other living arrangements for the duration of the fire damage recovery.
- Detached structures - also known as "other structures coverage" - such as detached garages, fences, and sheds
- Personal property, such as appliances, furniture, and clothing
- Landscaping is often included, with reimbursement for a portion or all of the value of the loss.
Should I Purchase Additional Coverage For My North Nashville Home?
Homeowners insurance covers your home and personal belongings if damaged by smoke or fire, but fires can result in a devastating - and total - loss of your entire home and property. You may need to add supplemental coverage or raise your existing coverage limits to be fully protected. You can even purchase a separate fire insurance policy. Some things to consider here:
- Homeowners may consider a fire policy to be sure that the entire amount of damages are included. Fires often cause more extensive damage than other complications. A separate fire policy extends your coverage options. It is vital to assess the home and its belongings to understand what a total loss could cost you.
- Inquire about the coverage limits on the homeowners' policy concerning fire damage. A small fire stopped in time may not result in extensive property destruction. However, a total loss of the home may leave you with little left to replace personal items. A fire policy can help give security full reimbursement for everything necessary after a home is lost to fire.
SERVPRO of North Nashville will help with your insurance claim process and claims paperwork, in addition to assisting with your restoration after fire damage, odor removal & deodorization, water damage, and many other types of emergencies.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.