What Should I Expect During The Disaster Restoration Process?
The past few decades have seen a rapid advancement in the technology and techniques used in the disaster restoration industry. These advancements allow the SERVPRO of North Nashville professionals to quickly and effectively restore a property to preloss condition.
What Standards Does SERVPRO Follow When Restoring Property?
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning. Standards are created to find the best possible method of performing a specified task.
- The methods are presented by industry experts, debated, agreed upon through consensus, and, finally, reviewed extensively by industry peers to ensure they are fair and work as intended.
- Standards ensure the method of cleaning, restoration, or inspection being performed is - in fact - the best and most effective one.
- Standards reduce redundancy, errors, costs, and time spent on a job.
What Are Some Of SERVPRO's Methods When Handling Disaster Restoration?
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment. Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure and monitor a property's moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us see the water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- We may use an infrared camera to identify water locations for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
Water Extraction Equipment. Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
Submersible and gas-powered pumps perform continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Drying Equipment. Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from your home business's ceiling, walls, and floors. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers cause moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization. Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use will remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Antimicrobial Treatments. The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents is sometimes needed to clean and remove odors and contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.