What Are Some Water Damage Recovery Tips For The Floors Of My North Nashville Property?
If you experience a water damage event in your North Nashville home or business, chances are good that your flooring will be affected. Once a flood occurs - even if it's just a small one - standing water will begin causing issues immediately. If the water is not cleaned up right away, the damage will only continue to get worse, causing problems with furniture, walls, machinery, and anything else that comes into contact with the floor.
You will want to contact your water damage recovery specialists as soon as you discover the issue so that they can get to your location right away and begin the restoration process. SERVPRO of North Nashville is faster to any disaster!
What Are Some Things I Can Do To Handle Water Damage While I Wait For SERVPRO To Arrive?
First Things First: After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be on safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be very heavy. Be careful!
The following steps will help you to save your flooring along with other items in your North Nashville property:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What Are Some Things I Should NOT Do?
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if your ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
The team at SERVPRO of North Nashville is ready to help with any size disaster caused by flooding or other water-related issues. When it comes to disaster recovery, we can be there right away to get your apartment complex back to normal. We are fire damage and water damage specialists, and we handle mold remediation and more!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.