Last-Minute Back-To-School Shopping
There are a number of people that do not procrastinate to go and get the things that they need for their children for school. However, the majority of the population DOES wait until the last minute to get their school supplies and here are a few places that we have rounded up that still have discounts going on:
- eBay – So many sales are on eBay right now: 50% off of school supplies, 40% off of tech accessories, 70% off of dorm essentials for the one going off to college, new laptops under $400 and other great deals.
- Staples and Target – the best deals at these shops have come and gone for the ones who go early school shopping, but they still have a few good deals on their school supplies. Target is providing free shipping to online orders over $35, a large number of school items are under $1, and there are some BOGO deals on select items. Staples was running a deal where if a backpack was purchased then the rest of the supplies bought would be 25% off. This is still going on only the discount is 20% rather than 25%.
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Davidson County, we like to be prepared for whatever happens, but we know that sometimes disasters happen and put us behind. Happy shopping!
Tips for Surviving Summer
The First Day of Summer Is Approaching!!
SERVPRO of Hermitage/Donelson pulled together some of our best-known tips and home remedies for common summer problems!
We all know that the best part about summer is that we get to cool off with a nice dip in the pool! Depending on how long that dip takes, you could be in for some sun damage. Here are a few ways that we have found works best for treating sunburns:
- ALOE gel/lotion - During the summer aloe is your best friend. It takes the heat out fast and minimizes your peeling. If you only have a little sunburn the best to use is the gel. If you are severely burned, the best advice to give is to use the aloe lotion. It is so much more gentle when it comes to a burn that is very painful.
- Hot Tub/Hot Shower - This is by far the most painful way to deal with a sunburn, but it works the very best. After you've been in the sun for as long as you can stand, dip in the hot tub for 15 minutes. Make sure that your sun-exposed skin is completely submerged. It hurts initially. but the recovery time is cut down by at least 50%. It pulls heat out and keeps it out. It also helps to follow up with an aloe treatment.
During the summer, we tend to spend a lot of time outside, especially at night when the weather is more enjoyable. Unfortunately, that's when the pesky little insects like to come out and play. When treating a mosquito bite, here are a few topical solutions to try:
- Green Tea
Those few things are to decrease the swelling and itching of a mosquito bite. This may sound crazy, but the most effective way to get rid of an itch is simple. Take your fingernail and press into the center of the bite and make an "x". This works like magic and we wish we could tell you why, but that, my friend, is a mystery.
And last, but not least:
We try and avoid these little guys, but they love the sun as much as we do. Here are a few things that help with the stinging and swelling of a bee bite (assuming that you are not allergic to them):
- Basil - This is mainly to help with the swelling after the stinging goes away. The best way to use basil is to mix with water in a food processor so that all of the good nutrients in the basil come to surface.
- Water & Baking Soda Solution - mix these to form a paste; apply and let dry before taking it off. This helps with the sting.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - apply straight, not mixed with anything. Organic, with mother works best. This helps with the sting.
- Raw Honey - plain and simple. Apply topically, this helps with sting.
We hope that you all have a wonderful summer and that these tips help!