Recent Commercial Posts
How Can I Keep My Commercial Business Clean With SERVPRO of North Nashville?
Running your North Nashville commercial business keeps you busy. There are so many moving pieces to being a business owner that it’s always helpful when you can bring in another professional to help you with some aspects. Keeping your Nashville location clean and presentable is a big job that takes up a lot of time, in and of itself, so hiring SERVPRO to take care of this piece will allow you to use that time to focus on the many other facets of your enterprise.
What Commercial Cleaning Services Does SERVPRO of North Nashville Provide?
No matter what kind of commercial business you own, SERVPRO can manage your cleaning needs. SERVPRO of North Nashville offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our commercial cleaning services include the following:
Why Should I Choose SERVPRO of North Nashville For My Commercial Cleaning Needs?
SERVPRO of North Nashville is proud to serve our community, and we take pride in completing residential and commercial cleanup and disaster recovery jobs quickly and efficiently.
- We come highly recommended. Our Nashville friends and neighbors say that we do a great job; you can read testimonials from our past clients here.
- We are highly trained. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
- We focus on a higher standard of clean. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, our new defensive, proactive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of North Nashville Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
Our SERVPRO Cleaned Program is grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a bespoke cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
Let SERVPRO of North Nashville help you save time and effort by handling all your commercial cleaning needs! We’re also disaster recovery experts, so if you experience water damage, a mold infestation, devastation from a storm, or any other kind of emergency in your North Nashville commercial business, we can be onsite right away to get you back to work.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
What Can I Do To Prevent Flooding In My North Nashville Commercial Kitchen?
Water damage can cause serious issues in your North Nashville commercial kitchen, your business, whether it causes structural damage or creates the conditions where mold can grow. Flooding can occur due to many different situations in a commercial kitchen; it might be caused by machinery failure or a pipe bursting, for example, or it could come from inclement weather conditions.
No matter what the cause of the flooding may be, there are some things you can do to prevent flooding in your North Nashville commercial kitchen.
How Can I Avoid Flooding Due To Machinery Failure In My Commercial Kitchen?
The number one way to avoid flooding from machinery failure is to keep your machinery and plumbing in good repair.
- Regular maintenance of large appliances that involve water, such as dishwashers, refrigerators, and freezers is the most effective way to keep flooding from occurring due to malfunctions.
- Your plumbing, sinks, and toilets should be well maintained, too. Make sure caulking is in place and in good condition, and replace fixtures as they age. Don’t wait for them to become an issue. Have a plumber come to inspect your location regularly to ensure that everything is in good working order.
- Check for any leaks within or around your business, whether it be pipes or appliances. It is vital to identify any leaks and handle them immediately before they develop into a serious issue.
How Can I Avoid Flooding Due To Inclement Weather At My North Nashville Commercial Location?
- If you rent your space, your landlord is responsible for the upkeep of the building, but if not this will be something you will need to manage. Have your structure, roofing, windows, and other exterior aspects inspected ahead of seasons where bad weather is normal so that you can be confident your structure can weather a storm.
- When it comes to freezing temperatures, keep pipes insulated and have the internal temperature of the building regulated to prevent pipes from becoming frozen. Frozen pipes can crack and burst, leaving you with flooding and standing water.
- Ensure that your entrances, exits, and parking areas can handle heavy rains. You may consider sandbagging if you live near rivers or streams and they are projected to rise.
We can help you clean up flooding aftermath and manage the damage to your commercial kitchen here at SERVPRO of North Nashville. If your business suffers from water damage, do not hesitate to call us at (615) 488 3752! In addition to water damage, we can help with fire damage, mold remediation, and a whole lot more.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Do I Start Recovering From A Commercial Kitchen Fire In Nashville?
A commercial kitchen fire can cause a lot of damage to your business, and you may have some “burning” questions about where to start when it comes to restoration. Fire can break out unexpectedly in a kitchen setting, and it happens more often than you might think. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, a national study showed that fire departments responded to close to 3,500 commercial fires annually.
If you experience a fire in your Nashville commercial kitchen, you can count on the restoration professionals at SERVPRO to help you get back to normal.
WHAT STEPS DO I TAKE TO GET MY COMMERCIAL KITCHEN BACK TO NORMAL AFTER A FIRE?
- The safety of your staff and clientele is your priority if your Nashville commercial kitchen experiences a fire. After calling the fire department, ensure that everyone is present and accounted for and out of the building before you do anything else.
- Call your insurance company immediately post-disaster to report the incident and start your claim process.
- If you are leasing the space, let the owner or property manager know so that they are aware of the severity of damage and possible repair costs.
- Wait for the fire department to give you the all-clear to go inside the building before assessing the damage and removing necessary items.
- Call fire damage restoration professionals like SERVPRO of North Nashville to come and begin assessing the damage and planning your recovery process.
- Document everything by taking photos and videos of the damage for your insurance claim.
WHAT DOES THE SERVPRO FIRE RESTORATION PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
When your commercial business experiences fire damage, it is important to get back to business quickly to avoid lost revenue and productivity. SERVPRO of North Nashville has years of experience restoring commercial properties damaged by fire, and we will help you make the right decisions to get your business up and running as soon as possible. Our team will:
- Board-up and tarp the affected areas to minimize further damage
- Remove and dry the water used to put the fire out
- Clean any soot and smoke left behind
- Clean and sanitize all restorable items
- Remove any odors on soft surfaces
SERVPRO of North Nashville is a trusted leader in commercial fire damage restoration. One of our fire damage specialists can assist you with getting the cleanup and restoration process started the moment you call us at (615) 876 9551.
In addition to fire damage restoration, we also handle other commercial services, such as commercial water damage restoration, commercial mold remediation, commercial cleaning, and more.
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, as well.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
What Should I Know About Mold Remediation In My North Nashville Hotel?
Mold is unsightly, no matter where you find it. It damages surfaces and produces unpleasant odors that can cause health effects to breathe in. Mold spores are in the air all around us, and once they settle on a spot to build a colony, you can't ever completely eradicate it.
None of this is desirable, no matter what type of space we are discussing. No one wants to experience mold in their home, office, or commercial building, and certainly not in their hotel! You can lose business if you develop a mold issue in your hotel and don't handle it immediately. A professional mold remediation company like SERVPRO of North Nashville can be on-site at your hotel to manage this right away.
HOW CAN SERVPRO OF NORTH NASHVILLE HELP ME MANAGE A MOLD ISSUE IN MY HOTEL?
Every mold damage scenario is different. They need a unique solution, but our general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our typical commercial mold remediation process:
- Emergency Contact - (615) 876-9551
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
Local and state laws may require a specific inspection and documentation protocol based on the size of the affected area. We can advise you on this process, providing guidance based on your unique situation. We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and is often unseen. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. Fans and HVACs are shut down as a preventive measure against the spread of mold.
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our Professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful "air scrubbers" and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the remediation is in progress.
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We'll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies. This will prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items. Our team employs a variety of techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment, as well.
We will remove drywall, subfloors, and other building materials, depending on the level of mold infestation. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet. It could also entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
WHAT OTHER SERVICES DOES SERVPRO OF NORTH NASHVILLE OFFER FOR MY COMMERCIAL PROPERTY?
Some estimates find that almost half of all businesses will not reopen after a disaster. SERVPRO of North Nashville does not want to see a single Nashville business become a part of that statistic. We have the skills and equipment necessary to make sure your Nashville business recovers from any disaster. We offer many services designed with the commercial customer in mind:
If you experience an emergency or disaster of any size in your hotel or commercial property, SERVPRO of North Nashville is here to help!
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Can I Prepare my North Nashville Office for Reopening?
Managing the unexpected is one of the biggest challenges a business owner will face, and this past year has undoubtedly presented you with its share! You may have found it necessary to close your office to allow your workforce to do their jobs remotely. Reopening your office space will bring a whole new set of requirements to ensure everyone will be safe and comfortable on their return. You may want to consider engaging the help of a professional cleaning and restoration company so that you can complete your transition as smoothly and safely as possible. SERVPRO is here to help!
HOW CAN SERVPRO GET MY NASHVILLE OFFICE AS CLEAN AND SAFE AS POSSIBLE?
As a proactive viral pathogen cleaning, our new defensive pathogen cleaning program - Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - goes beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust our team of SERVPRO of North Nashville professionals to bring a higher standard of cleanliness to your commercial business office.
So how does it work? It’s grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a bespoke cleaning program based on the unique needs of your office or facility.
- Clean: Our expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and will always adhere to the top level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: Your clientele will know your business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on your front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents your commitment to the comfort and security of your employees, customers, and community.
So when you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can walk in with confidence. Because you’ll know the #1 choice in clean up and restoration was there.
WHAT OTHER COMMERCIAL SERVICES DOES SERVPRO OF NORTH NASHVILLE OFFER TO HELP GET MY OFFICE READY FOR REOPENING?
FEMA estimates that 40% of businesses will not reopen after a disaster. Our SERVPRO of North Nashville team does not want to see a single Nashville business become a part of that statistic! We have the skills to ensure your Nashville business can recover from anything.
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties and businesses requires a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. The commercial services experts at SERVPRO of North Nashville have the resources and expertise to give you excellent results. We want to keep any disruption to your business operations to a minimum and get you back to work as soon as possible. Whatever your commercial services issue—from cleaning to fire damage to water damage or disaster recovery—SERVPRO of North Nashville can help restore your property “Like it never even happened.”
We are always available 24/7, and we can get your home or business back to normal quickly and cost-effectively.
We handle commercial restoration projects in a variety of locations:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, SERVPRO of North Nashville responds quickly to your Nashville business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies. We have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 Franchises, so no commercial project is too large.
Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Contact us for further assistance in getting your office reopened safely!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
What To Do After The Sprinklers In Your Nashville Business Go Off
You may have experienced a situation where your overhead sprinkler system in your business discharges unnecessarily, or you may have suffered from a fire. The mess that is left behind can be more than you can manage on your own, and you have a business to run, as well. That’s where SERVPRO of North Nashville comes in!
Prompt Cleanup Measures When Your Overhead Sprinkler System Discharges
Water within your overhead sprinkler system will be non-potable, meaning the water will have picked up and absorbed oils and other contaminants within the piping. The additional pollutants lead to discoloration and odors that can be pretty unpleasant, which is the last thing you need in your workspace. Cleanup actions should be prompt and involve both moisture remediation and focused surface cleaning to remove stains’. Additional measures will be necessary to alleviate odors and protect safe air quality.
Save Yourself Time And Trouble By Engaging Professional Assistance
- Engaging prompt, professional assistance following an overhead sprinkler discharge is essential so that you can save your property from permanent damage. Your actions in the first 24-48 hours will save you significant time and money, and quick resolution for damp and humid environments will prevent subsequent mold growth, too.
- Professional follow-up will be invaluable when it comes to the odors that can result from damp conditions. Our team can evaluate the water damage and potential for mold growth in hidden areas, ensure that any affected building materials are dry before work area rebuilding, and manage the recovery of your electronics and other business tools and equipment.
- We also highly recommend that you hire an independent water damage and mold remediation expert to represent you during the planning, response, and closeout stages of your recovery project and work with your insurance carrier.
- Prompt action for cleaning is essential for affected fabric and textile items to minimize permanent staining and damage. If paper documents are damaged, SERVPRO or North Nashville has the equipment, training, and expertise to recover them whenever possible.
If your overhead fire sprinkler system has gone off in your place of business and left a mess behind, SERVPRO of North Nashville is here to help you get back to business as soon as possible. We are fully trained and equipped to manage water damage and fire damage, flooding, cleanup projects of all sizes, and more here at SERVPRO of North Nashville. We can also get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
This franchise is Independently Owned and Operated.
Protecting Your Restaurant From Mold
It’s a well-known fact that mold thrives in dark, moist, and unventilated places such as warehouses, storage spaces, and anywhere that water is used often. Spores are in the air looking for the right conditions in which to colonize, so the best way to protect your restaurant from mold is to ensure that those conditions don’t exist!
COMMON AREAS FOR MOLD.
- Bathrooms. Mold thrives in damp, dark, moist environments, so it follows that a bathroom is the perfect fungal breeding ground.
- Kitchen/Break Areas. Kitchen and break room sinks are obvious places for a mold infestation.
- Lobby/Waiting Area. Spills that occur in your waiting area can leave your carpeting at risk for mold damage, so all spills must be cleaned up immediately - and thoroughly - in order to protect your carpeting.
- Restaurant storage areas are often loaded with cardboard boxes and carrying supplies. Once these get damp mold can follow.
- Your bar area can also be a spot for a mold infestation; flooring and sinks are constantly damp. Your storage cabinets in this area need to be kept dry, as well. Refrigerated cases for beverages that need to be kept cool can also develop a mold issue.
Regular inspections will ensure that you are aware of a mold infestation right away. You should move machinery, furniture, and equipment so you can see into those places that are often overlooked and that can often remain damp for periods of time. Leaks of any kind, such as in the roofing, in windows and doors that don’t fit properly, pipes that need to be replaced, and hoses that are cracked - are the kinds of things to be on the lookout for, and repaired right away to avoid further problems. Here at SERVPRO, we always recommend proactive and preventive maintenance to save you both time and money!
If you find that your restaurant has developed a mold problem, our team here at SERVPRO of North Nashville can be onsite right away to help manage this kind of issue. We also have all the skills and training necessary to handle disaster events of all sizes and types, such as cleanup after water damage and fire damage, and we can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Fire Safety Guidelines For The Workplace
You have put lots of time, effort, and finances into your business endeavor, and part of being a successful business owner is knowing the steps you need to take to protect that endeavor from any type of disaster, including fires. Having established fire safety guidelines for your workplace is just plain good business.
FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, SPRINKLERS, AND ALARMS
Fire extinguishers should be stored no more than 75 feet from all work areas for easy access and mounted in an obvious spot. Have your extinguishers, sprinkler system, and fire alarm system tested and serviced every 12 months or less by licensed fire prevention professionals.
Illuminated EXIT signage should have a battery backup in case of power outages and kept in good working order at all times. These emergency exit areas and spaces around the building outside need to be kept clear of debris and plant material to allow everyone to get out of the building with no mishaps. This also reduces the risk of fire outside, as well. Trash receptacles need to be kept at least five feet away from combustible roofs, windows, and entryways, and away from exit pathways.
Stored materials should be stacked at least two feet below the ceiling in an orderly manner. In buildings with an automatic sprinkler system, 18 inches of clearance is required. This allows smoke to collect in areas above all items and gives the sprinklers a clear area for their spray pattern, enabling water to reach flames. These instructions have been put in place by area fire personnel and can result in fines if they are not complied with.
SAFETY PRACTICES FOR OUTLETS
Electrical outlets should only be supporting the appropriate number of items, which may include a power strip with a circuit breaker; overloaded outlets can often catch fire. All electrical cords should be kept in good repair and replaced whenever they are no longer safe to use.
Take steps to ensure that the address numbers for your building or suite are highly visible; this enables emergency responders to find your location quickly and easily in the event of a fire or other emergency.
FIRE SAFETY IN A COMMERCIAL KITCHEN
If your business is a commercial kitchen, make sure stove hoods, stovetops, ovens, and grease traps are cleaned regularly and thoroughly to prevent excessive grease buildup. Ceiling exhaust fans and bathroom heater/light/fan combinations can also pose a risk due to the buildup of dust and grease, resulting in increased operating temperatures.
The SERVPRO of North Nashville team is experienced in the restoration of your home or business after a fire no matter the size. We can also help with what may be needed in the event of flooding or a mold invasion, and we handle biohazards, vandalism, and more. We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. This franchise is individually owned and operated.
Preparing Your Business For Any Disaster
As a savvy business owner, you know that the very best way to protect your investment is to be as prepared as possible for any eventuality. You also know that there are some things you just can’t predict, and these unforeseen events can often be disastrous. You may not be able to predict them, but you certainly can take steps ahead of time so that you can alleviate damages and prevent as much loss as possible if they do occur.
Disasters can come from weather, malfunctions, accidents, health emergencies, and the effects of time. Here are some things to think about when preparing your business for any disaster:
When it comes to the ravages of time or malfunctions of equipment and machinery, you can often be prepared simply through proper maintenance. Keep up with all cleaning and tuning of your equipment and make sure that you take advantage of any warranties that may be in place. Repair and renovate your structures regularly and whenever necessary so that if bad weather comes you are not caught with unnecessary and preventable damage.
Engage the help of a financial advisor if you don’t already have one and talk to them about market downturns and how to properly insulate your business from any related financial disasters. Always ensure that your licensing is current, and touch base with your insurance professional about your coverages in case of accidents on site.
Keep the safety training of your employees up-to-date; if they work with dangerous machinery be sure that everyone is operating each piece properly at all times and that appropriate PPE is being used at all times. Have a regular cleaning and sanitation protocol in place and train employees to practice them; in the case of illness, these protocols will help to insulate your business from the effects of any health disaster.
If your business experiences a disaster of any kind, SERVPRO of North Nashville can be there right away to help. We maintain the equipment and training necessary to handle disasters of all kinds, from health and safety to water and fire damage, mold remediation, and more. We can get your business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Biohazard Cleaning For Your Nashville Business
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for you and your workforce, and a failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to ongoing unhealthy and dangerous environments. The SERVPRO of North Nashville team is trained and certified to safely remove such biohazards and dispose of them properly following OSHA and current health regulations.
We are equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products that will help return any unhealthy environments into safe and clean spaces, and we can be onsite right away if you have experienced a situation that you believe involves biohazard materials. To help you maintain a safe environment, you can refer to our Biohazard Emergency Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself, your workforce, and your property until we arrive onsite.
The decontamination of your business due to serious accidents, sewage backups, chemical spills, or other biohazards can be both dangerous and traumatic, and our specialized training and experience is a vital part of our ability to resolve circumstances like these.
SERVPRO of North Nashville provides cleanup and recovery services for many biohazard situations, including:
- Suicide/death accidents
- Homicide cleanups
- Blood cleanup
- Accident cleanup
- Hoarding scenes
- Animal waste/remains
- Chemical spills
- Tear gas cleanup
- Meth lab cleanup
- Sewage backups
- Crime scene residues
The word “biohazard” is a broad term covering many situations that involve dangerous materials. You won’t be able to determine the severity and precise agent of a biohazard yourself without testing by biohazard professionals, so it is important to treat every biohazard risk with great care.
The SERVPRO of North Nashville team of qualified and highly trained professionals is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week; our highly trained technicians are standing by to help you in the event of water damage, fire damage, a biohazard event, or even mold management and remediation. We will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances. We can get your business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too; ask us how!
First Steps To Take After A Fire In Your Business
You have worked hard to get your business to where it is today, overcoming all challenges and moving forward despite the ups and downs of the market. A fire in your business can do a lot of damage to that business. Here at SERVPRO, we are here to help you recover from a disastrous event such as a fire, as well as flooding, accidents, and other unforeseen situations. To help you today, we are sharing the first steps you will need to take after a fire:
- Insurance Agent. You will need to contact your insurance agent before any fire damage is repaired or clean-up is begun. Be prepared with information on what is covered, what needs to be repaired or replaced, and how to find reputable companies that can take care of repairs to your property for you during this time.
- Important documents. Retrieve all important documents and take note of any that may have been affected by the fire. SERVPRO is trained and equipped to restore documents that have been damaged by fire or water, so let us know right away if we can help.
- Soot. Limit movement about your building to prevent soot particles from becoming embedded in the upholstery of furniture, carpeting, curtains, and other materials. Place towels or tarps on your rugs, upholstered furniture, and foot traffic areas to help alleviate this kind of damage.
- Appliances and Equipment. All appliances and equipment will need to be aired out to ensure that no damage is sustained from lingering soot or smoke. You can prop open doors and windows to help clear out rooms. Check wiring for ceiling fans before turning them on; the wiring could have been damaged during the fire.
- Walls and Surfaces. Don’t want to wash any walls or painted surfaces, or clean carpets, etc. without contacting a fire damage specialist. Walls and other surfaces need to be properly cleaned by a professional before any repair is done.
Here at SERVPRO of North Nashville, we are ready to help you in the event of fire damage to your home or business, and we have all the skills, tools, and experience necessary to get you back to work right away. Our SERVPRO of North Nashville team is also experienced in the areas of water damage and mold prevention and remediation. Let us know how we can help!
Commercial Water Damage FAQs
You are very aware of the damaging effects that storms can bring if you have lived in North Nashville for any length of time, and these effects can include flooding, storm damage, water damage, and often subsequent mold growth. As damaging as these events can be to a Nashville home, they can be even more so to a North Nashville business where the damage might not be noticed as quickly. Here at SERVPRO of North Nashville, we offer extensive commercial services to area business owners, and we understand that there is no such thing as a convenient time for commercial water damage. Time spent cleaning up water damage is time when you are losing business, so it is our top priority to get you back to your pre-damage state as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of North Nashville maintains all the training, experience, and equipment for our team members that is needed to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Our team members hold technical training and certifications in these areas:
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you suspect your commercial property has experienced water damage or if you suspect you have developed a mold problem, or both, contact us here at SERVPRO of North Nashville. We will respond quickly and work fast to manage the situation. We can get your business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Keeping Your Commercial Business Fire Ready
It’s good business to keep your commercial property fire ready and avoid disaster. Your livelihood depends on your business, as well as that of your staff, and we know you will want to protect it. With that in mind, we want to share some tips here that can help you get your property ready in the event of a fire:
- FIRST RESPONDERS. Ensure that your building or suite is visibly lettered and numbered so that emergency responders can easily find your location in a timely manner. Numbers should contrast with the background used, such as black/white, while the numerals should be no less than six inches in height. Ensure that your local fire department has your updated contact information on file, as well.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS. Fire extinguishers should be no more than 75 feet from work areas for easy access, and they should be mounted in a highly visible spot that is easy to get to. Make sure your extinguishers are continually maintained and serviced properly at least once a year by a licensed fire extinguisher company, as well.
- EXITS. Exits need to be clearly marked and illuminated at all times, with a battery backup for power outages. They also need to be clear of any obstructions at all times, so that people can get out safely and quickly. Emergency lighting should be kept in working order, and the area around the building outside clear of debris and plant material, reducing the fire risk outdoors as well.
- STORAGE. Stored materials need to be stacked at least two feet below the ceiling and be orderly. For buildings with an automatic sprinkler system, 18 inches of clearance is required, allowing smoke to collect up high, which gives people adequate time to exit and the sprinklers a clear area for their spray pattern. Trash receptacles need to be kept at least five feet away from combustible materials, windows, and door openings - do not store trash in exit paths.
- OUTLETS. Electrical outlets should have no more than one item per outlet plugged in, which may include a power strip with a circuit breaker. All electrical cords should be kept in good repair and replaced when needed.
- SPRINKLER SYSTEM. Have your sprinkler system tested and serviced every 12 months or less by a licensed fire sprinkler company. This practice should also be used for your fire alarm system.
Here at SERVPRO of North Nashville, we are experienced in all cleanup projects after fires, whether they are large or small. In the event of water damage we’re ready to help, as well We are committed to getting your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too.
HVAC Maintenance For Your Commercial Property
As a commercial property owner, you are very aware regular maintenance is a vital part of keeping your business running efficiently. Equipment and machinery need to be cared for so that you don’t lose business, time, or money. Scheduled maintenance will ensure that this is done. An important maintenance aspect of your business is the interior environmental climate you provide for your staff and clientele, so proper HVAC maintenance should definitely be high on your list of maintenance projects.
You may want to consider setting up a contract with a professional HVAC company to save you time. The owner of a smaller business may decide to maintain their system themselves, but larger companies could probably benefit from professional assistance.
A professional that handles large-scale maintenance of this kind will have a set schedule that will include tune-ups, clean-and-checks, and other services that are needed to keep your HVAC system and units performing at their best, such as changing all the filters and humidifier pads on a regular basis. These are important maintenance tasks that will prolong the life of your system, and your HVAC company will include that in your contract.
Your natural gas heating system will need to be tested ahead of colder weather, to see if carbon monoxide is being released into spaces in your building. This is a project that would be difficult for anyone without training. With the appropriate equipment, a professional HVAC maintenance company can determine oxygen levels, carbon monoxide levels, and flue temperature, all of which will ensure that your furnaces are adjusted for optimum performance and safety.
Before you sign any maintenance contract, consider both the costs and the benefits. You may enjoy priority service calls at reduced rates when you have a maintenance contract with some companies, and if you choose this option, you will have the peace of mind that comes from knowing there is an experienced team doing all those regular inspections and necessary maintenance on your behalf.
Here at SERVPRO of North Nashville, we are HVAC experts, and we have the experience and equipment necessary to keep your system functioning properly year-round. We are fire damage and water damage specialists, and we handle mold remediation and prevention, too.
Deep Cleaning For Your Business
Have you ever considered that your business might need a deep clean? More thorough than typical janitorial services, a deep clean offers a slew of benefits for your business, your employees, and your customers. While regular cleaning services may save you money, they won’t be able to really clean where it counts. In the long run, you won’t regret hiring SERVPRO to make your business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
For starters, your employees will be happier when they are working in an environment where it is free from dust and dirt. A fresh and clean workspace will keep your employees healthier along with increasing their productivity, and your customers and whoever else enters your business will benefit from a spotless environment as well. A deep cleaning will get your business looking not only clean but professional as well.
One deep cleaning process is the cleaning of ventilation systems. They are often the biggest contributor to poor indoor air quality. Many business owners fail to realize the importance of clean indoor air. Within a business, the air may be contaminated with different particulates, which is then continuously circulated by the ventilation system. Polluted indoor air quality leads to a significant drop in productivity. It is believed that dirty, polluted air minimizes human cognitive function. Unhealthy indoor air is incredibly harmful to employees and customers. These ventilation systems and air ducts need to be cleaned regularly to keep them free of pathogens and other irritants. When any allergens, bacteria, dust, debris, mold, and dirt are removed from the air ducts, not only will it be easier and healthier to breathe, your HVAC system will also perform more efficiently.
A thorough cleaning of your workplace environment is also advantageous in preventing the spread of disease. Disinfecting shared areas, such as bathrooms, breakrooms, and training rooms, decrease the possibility of employee illness.
Another aspect of deep cleans is carpet, walls, and hard floor cleaning. By wiping down walls, and deep cleaning your floors it will remove any dirt and make your business more presentable. Consider investing in deep cleaning for your business and you will notice an improvement in customer and employee satisfaction! For any and all commercial cleaning services, do not hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO of North Nashville. We are experts at all kinds of cleaning and want to make your business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Add Value To Your Business With A Restoration Project
Do you want to add value to your business but not sure how? Well if you have the budget, consider a restoration project to improve your business and attract more customers! Here are some tips to add value to your business through a restoration project:
- Consider repainting, a little paint can go a long way in updating a space and refreshing your business. Keeping the paint fresh is also an easy way to keep customers impressed. Cover up any chipping on the walls and any other damage.
- Check to see if your building is properly insulated, if not consider adding more insulation within your walls and even your attic. This will keep heating costs down and keep your customers at a comfortable temperature.
- Do you have carpeting in your business? It is recommended to switch to hardwood or laminate flooring. While it doesn’t come cheap, it is much easier to clean compared to continually having to vacuum the carpet. Hardwood or laminate flooring is also more durable and fairly easy to install.
- Does your business have old light fixtures? Think about replacing any outdated fixtures with newer, more modern ones to enhance the appeal of your business. If you cannot afford to do that, consider changing all of your light bulbs to LEDs, which are up to 95% more efficient than fluorescent and incandescent lights. This saves you money on lighting.
- Remodel the bathrooms of your business. Updating and replacing old fixtures along with repainting the bathrooms will leave a good impression on your customers.
- If your business has siding, think about replacing it. Old siding can make any good business look shabby.
- Make your business look more presentable by adding exterior improvements. This can include new paint, and updating the front entry. If the front of your business has shrubbery or a yard, keep it landscaped. This adds to the curb appeal and makes your business more inviting.
- New windows not only look better but also keep your building more insulated, which saves on energy and heating costs.
These are some ways you can more easily improve not only the value but also the presentation of your business. Consider these restoration projects next time you think about enhancing the space. If you need any of these projects done by professionals, consider calling SERVPRO of North Nashville for any painting, plumbing, hardwood floor repair, drywall installation, and commercial cleaning. SERVPRO offers a multitude of services, done by seasoned professionals, who are adaptable to any project. Our restoration services are guaranteed to spruce up your business!
Prevent Mold in Your Business This Winter
Mold is a serious issue, and it can be exacerbated in the wintertime when precipitation is common. The melting of the snow and ice is the cause of heavy moisture, and when paired with the warm temperature indoors, it can be deadly to your business. Mold spores are all around us and it is difficult to completely remove them. Mold thrives in moist, warm environments where it breaks down material and dead matter, but it can also just as easily damage your business which may result in a costly repair. However, if you take early action, mold growth can be stopped. Your top priority is to make sure there is no excess moisture in your business, and that humidity levels are low. Leaks and high humidity levels are common sources of condensation which may lead to mold growth. Below are some preventative measures you can take to ensure that your business is safe from mold growth this winter:
- Pipes can be a source of moisture. Make sure they do not freeze as that can cause flooding. This can be done by fully insulating your pipes.
- Keep all areas clean. Control moisture by drying leaks and any other wet areas immediately. Vacuum and clean regularly to remove sources of mold growth.
- Repair any leaks as quickly as possible. Gutters and downspouts should be cleaned regularly.
- Have adequate air circulation and ventilation. The use of fans for ventilation is beneficial, but make sure to clean them regularly.
- It is a suggestion to have well-insulated walls which can not only prevent condensation and mold within your walls, but it will also cut down on heating and cooling bills.
- Check to see if your doors and windows are properly sealed and that moisture is not coming in through the cracks.
- Avoid carpets or having carpet in the entire room - especially in rooms that are prone to moisture, they can easily trap moisture and be a breeding ground for mold.
- Try not to store paper, books, and clothing in humid areas because they can be sources of mold growth.
- If there is a room in your business that is prone to humidity, use a dehumidifier to counter it.
If you take these steps to prevent mold growth in your business, your chances of it occurring will greatly decrease. It is easier to take action early to prevent it than having to remove it. However, even with taking preventative steps, it is not 100% guaranteed that it will not grow. Mold growth can be dangerous, and if you spot any in your business, call the professionals! To guarantee that mold growth doesn’t endanger your business, be sure to contact us at SERVPRO of North Nashville. We are experts at mold removal and remediation, and can make sure your business is back to normal if you do find mold growth!
Cleaning Your Hotel Carpets
Does your hotel have carpeted floors? It is not easy keeping them clean, with dirt and other particulates being tracked indoors often. However, to ensure the happiness of your customers, it is important to keep your carpets looking fresh and clean. Depending on the type of carpet you have, it will require different kinds of cleaning methods compared to wood flooring or even an area rug. Regular vacuuming does help clean up the dust and dirt but your carpets also need regular deep cleaning to ensure they look brand new. It is recommended to deeply clean your hotel carpets professionally at least once every year, and clean more often in areas that are experience higher volumes of foot traffic. Clean even more frequently if it is a light-color carpet.
Even then, use precaution when cleaning. Do not use the same cleaning technique on all of your carpets, multiple kinds of flooring require multiple ways of cleaning. Unless the carpeting is the same throughout your hotel, avoid using the same method for all of your flooring.
The National Carpet Cleaners’ Association has a basic guide on how to remove different stains from carpets.
Before you can start cleaning, you need to ensure that you have all of your needed materials on hand. This carpet cleaning kit should contain clean white cloths, baking soda, plain white vinegar, carpet detergents, along with your vacuum cleaner.
A good basis for cleaning is vacuuming regularly, around three times a week, however vacuuming at least once a day is recommended. If there is a spill first try scrubbing the area gently with a wet cloth and depending on the stain, it can usually be removed. Another option is sprinkling baking soda on the affected area, letting it sit, then vacuum up the excess. It is highly recommended to have a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar or brush. Rental carpet cleaners can save you money in the long run, but will not have the same power that professional carpet cleaners have.
It is important for the integrity of your carpet that you clean it frequently and clean spills once they occur. Plan your deep cleans ahead of time, and plan them regularly whether that be with a rented or bought carpet cleaner, or with a professional to enhance the experience of the customers. Do not wait until your carpets are excessively dirty to clean them, or you may not be able to restore them to their former glory.
If you have difficulty in removing dirt and stains from the carpets of your hotel, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of North Nashville. Dirt builds up in layers, and it will be difficult to remove the deeper layers of dirt. Our professional cleaning can remove all layers of dirt, and is capable of addressing moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. If you need professional cleaning, our specialized methods are sure to get the job done!
What Business Interruption?
Trailer mounted A/C unit used to cool damaged hotel.
Some industries never sleep. As a 24/7/365 emergency services company, SERVPRO is a member of one of those industries. The hospitality industry is another that never sleeps. This can make for difficult situations when a hotel becomes fully involved with water damage on the busiest travel week of the year with record high temperatures.
With a hotel space that had turned into an active construction zone without electricity, hundreds of guests had to be relocated to other area hotels. While SERVPRO of Northwest Davidson County was working hard to dry the structure as quickly as possible, the hotel staff was working diligently to relocate their guests.
In the midst of summer, it doesn't take long for a powerless building in Tennessee to become unbearably hot. Although the hotel was unable to accommodate any guests, we were able to bring in a commercial grade, trailer mounted air conditioning unit to allow hotel staff to continue working around the clock to make sure their guests were ultimately taken care of.
While the hotel did experience significant business interruption, their leadership was successful in making sure each and every guest was comfortable during their stay in Nashville. SERVPRO finds solutions to problems, because like us, the hospitality industry doesn't sleep so that their guests can.